Thank you for booking your Newborn Session.
I can't wait to meet you and your little one.
Please find below some information, on how to prepare for your session.
What to bring?
Bring nappies, milk ( or yourself ), and a soother, even if baby doesn't like it. Sometimes it can be a game changer in a newborn session. If you have anything you want in the pictures bring that, otherwise I have everything!
How to prepare Baby?
Generally, all you need to do is to bring baby here. The rest can be done at the studio.
If baby is older or very alert. You might want to give baby a good warm bath just before leaving, this will tire baby out a bit more. Also just dress baby in easy to remove clothes. Just a sleeping suit is perfectly fine. We won't wake up baby when we change into my clothes.
The best hair style for a newborn session, is open, either straight or with curls, this is important for Mommy and Girls. If the hair falls into the face please find a clip the the girls.
I would personally stay away from tanning products especially if you want to wear my white dresses, because the tan robs off on the dress and it doesn't look pretty in pictures. I do not fix tan lines of fake skin products.
How long is the session?
The session can take anything from 1-3h. most newborn sessions are around 2h long.
What should we wear?
I will give lots of info on that below!
Bribes for older kids
A newborn session is long and siblings sometimes get bored when the little one is getting the pictures done. Bring a snack, iPad or a toy and you'll be their best friend.
I do not allow shoes in the studio. Please be aware of that. As I use all my floors for pictures and I don't want to photograph your child on a dirty floor. And also think about where those shoes have been and the germs it carried out of toilets, pubs streets and footpath.
Nails and Hands
A newborn session is all about hands on Baby. Please ensure that your nails and nail polish look great, or just use none. Please also think about the girls. no nail polish would be my preferred choice.
I know you don't want to be pale in your newborn pictures, but please keep your make up as natural as possible. Dads have usually red skin, the newborn comes with either jaundice skin tones or red and siblings are usually quite pale. So you wanna be there with them. Too much or a too orange make up, will look out of place.
I hope this makes sense.
The studio is quite warm so don't come in wooly jumpers , you will be dying on a heart stroke.
During the Session
I will be setting up the studio before you come, but you are always very welcome to let me know if you don't like anything, you can choose props from the shelf and you can change headband or have none if you like. You need to love your newborn pictures.
Bandaids and Tattoo on kids
Please remove all bandaids and tattoos before your session. If you remove them at the session your child might get upset and you really don't want that. Tattoos are really hard to remove in photoshop, please try to avoid them!
What to wear for your newborn session?
- I have dresses for mom and for older siblings if you want to use them on the day, you are more than welcome to. Just let me.
- Otherwise you can go two ways for clothing in the newborn session. All in black, or all in really light colours.
- Mom long maxi dresses are best. I prefer solid and light colours such as white, pastels, light browns and creamy tones. If you wanna wear a top and pants, make sure the pants are not too dark and the top is not too baggy, otherwise the camera will add a few pounds, and we really don't want that. Embrace you just had a baby.
- Dads: light shorts, chinos or pants, light coloured jeans (not black or dark blues). a shirt, t-shirt or thin top will do perfectly. It is warm so dont have too much clothes. No big patterns or writing on the clothes, it will distract from baby. Best colours are again, white, cream, light browns, pastels. organic greens, beige, mustards.
- Sibling Boy: same as dad really, but don't dress them as twins :) Make sure the boys pants are not too big, because you will be forever fixing them and they will get annoyed with it.
- Sibling girls, same as mam really, but short dresses are really cute for them, rather than long. Make sure younger girls wear diaper covers. I also have some if you don't have any.
- Try to avoid clothes that doesn't fit right, especially for dad, because most likely dad does not want to be there, so we try to keep it as easy as possible for him.
- Just make sure you all fit together, but keep it simple.
- Please find here all my dresses!
Dress yourself ( the whole family in black! )
Keep the clothes as light and as organic as possible
Where to shop Clothes?
Where am I located?
make sure to allow enough time to get to me. I know its not easy to leave the house with a newborn. My eircode is p36rh59, in Youghal, Co. Cork