Photo Shoot Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions of Service apply to all photographic services provided by R&R Photography. All work is carried out by R&R Photography on the understanding that the client has agreed to the following Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Business Hours. All sessions are by appointment only. All newborn Sessions take place on a weekday morning.
- Booking. The Booking of any session is only complete after filling in the booking form and paying the deposit. If the form is not completed R&R Photography will not hold a slot for the client. The deposit for any session is non refundable if canceled less the 48h prior to the session, if canceled more the 48 h prior to the session the deposit can be transferred to another day one time only. Deposits for mini sessions are never refundable, doesn't matter the reason or time of cancelling.
- The Session. The session takes up to 30 min - 3h depending on the type of session booked. R&R Photography will discuss with the Client during the consultation the where and what time the session will take place. It is essential that the Client arrives at the agreed time. Up to 15 minutes of lateness will be accepted, however, it will be taken away from your session time. R&R Photography shall be entitled to use her judgement regarding the style and flow of the session.
- Location Permits. The client is responsible for acquiring any and all permits and necessary permission for all locations on which the photographer will be performing services. The photographer is limited by the rules and guidelines of the location(s) and site management. The client agrees to accept the technical results of their imposition on the photographer. Negotiation with the officials for moderation of guidelines is the client's responsibility; the photographer can offer technical recommendations only.
- Fulfilment of Obligations. The parties agree to positive cooperation and communication for the best possible result. R&R Photography cannot be held responsible for requested photographs not taken or missed, lack of coverage resulting from weather conditions, or schedule complications caused by but not limited to, anyone in or at the event, or by the location restrictions. R&R Photography is not responsible for lost photo opportunities due to other cameras or flashes, the lateness of the clients or other principles. In the event of uncooperative children at a session, R&R Photography may not be able to capture any, or all the images the Client may have requested or expected. The Client is responsible for all children at all sessions. There is no guarantee that any particular number of proofs will be produced.
- Artistic Input. R&R Photography shall be entitled to use her judgement regarding the style and artistic input in the production of photographs. The editing process is a large part of the finished image and reflects the artistic style of R&R Photography. Additional edits are carried out at the discretion of R&R Photography, and R&R Photography reserves the right to charge the Client for additional editing to cover time involved. Raw files are not available for purchase by the client.
- Viewing your images and Placing an Order. Within two weeks after your session, you will receive an online proof gallery where you can choose your final images. Your gallery will remain active for 3 days. R&R Photography reserve the right to charge a fee of €50 for extending the availability of your online proof gallery for a further 3 days. If the pictures are not chosen within the 3/6 days after the proofing gallery was sent on to the client. R&R photography will choose the images for the client, the rest of the images will be archived 30 days after the proofing gallery was sent to the client. There will be no refunds of the session fee if the client fails to choose the final images during the 3/6 day choosing period. R&R Photography offers a payment plan option if required, please inquire for details.
- Non-Selection of Images. All images that are not chosen within 30 days are archived. From that point on R&R Photography will no longer guarantee the images. Due to many reason out of hand of the photographer, images can be lost, corrupted and so on. If that happens, R&R Photography is no longer liable for the loss of those images. Please make sure to select the images in the given time frame, so this won't happen. All chosen images are uploaded to an online gallery where they are stored safely for a few years. Events out of hand (system failures, fire, theft, floods, storms and so on. ) If the Client did not choose the images after 1 month of the session date. R&R will choose the images that were included in the session and send them to the client fully edited. all other images will be deleted. The client has no longer the right to choose the images.
- Payment. For all orders, payment is due in full at time of order. All orders are final and cannot be changed or refunded for any reason. All non-purchased galleries will be automatically deleted without notice from online and offline systems 30 days from the date of invoice if there are no further instructions received.
- Image Delivery. The digital images will be supplied in JPEG format in a password-protected online gallery for digital download. The Client will be emailed a link to their online gallery. Delivery of the digital files via an online gallery releases the Photographer from any liability due to loss or damage of the digital images and also releases the Photographer from any obligation to maintain copies of any digital file, image, or photograph. The Client is responsible for downloading their digital gallery and creating back-ups of the digital content. It is recommended the Client securely backs up the digital images on a computer and an external hard drive for safekeeping. Galleries are accessible online for 5 years from the date the email link is sent to the Client.
- Prints and Products. If you order any artwork product, a proofed layout of the artwork product, together with any options available to you, will be submitted to you for approval before the artwork product is printed. You will be liable for any costs associated with any changes requested after you have approved the proofed layout. The standard turnaround time is typically up to 8 weeks. All orders must be paid in full at the time of order. Guest orders should be made via email. Any charges incurred in shipping prints or products will be billed to the client if there are no further instructions received.
- Copyright. R&R Photography owns the copyright in all photographs. No image can be copied, scanned or reproduced in any form whatsoever without the prior consent of R&R Photography. The Client may not alter or add to or manipulate a picture by any means or reproduce a picture in whole or in part as an element within, or as a montage with, another picture without photographer’s written permission. Permission to reproduce a picture for personal use (not commercial) is granted to the Client by R&R Photography only when digital images are purchased and paid in full by the Client to R&R Photography.
- Limitation of Liability. In the unlikely event of a total photographic failure or cancellation of this contract by either party or in any other circumstance the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the chosen package. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
- Complaints. Any complaints should first be raised by the Client with R&R Photography in writing within 10 days from the date of receipt of images.
- Reshoot. Reshoots will not be given for poor choices of clothing, make-up, hair or weather-related issues, or by not following the recommendations of the photographer.
- Refund. Due to the nature of digital photography and the fact the photographs, once sent/ downloaded, cannot be returned. Once a transaction has been completed (i.e. the buyer selected and paid for the photo session and then R&R Photography sent the buyer the correct photography) it is then considered non-refundable.
R&R Photography Code of Ethics
R&R Photography agrees to conduct their business professionally and ethically, in accordance with best industry practices.
Responsibilities towards R&R Photography's Clients
- That all pricing will be clearly stated and agreed with customers & clients before the commencement of any Assignment. Any extra charges must be made known to the customer or client before they are incurred.
- The customer or client will have the Assignments carried out at the specified time and by the specified photographer. Any changes to the Assignment Schedule must be agreed upon with the client prior to the commencement of the Assignment. If for any reason there is a change to the specified photographer, the customer or client must be informed of this in advance.
- That Assignments must be delivered by the agreed deadline. If there is to be a delay for any reason, the customer or client must be informed of this delay as soon as possible.
- Whether the deliverables are digital files, the photographer undertakes to use an efficient archive and retrieval system for assignments in order to have them available to the customer or client in the future.
- That all debts to suppliers etc. be discharged in a timely fashion.
- To register with the Revenue Commissioners for Income Tax and V.A.T. (if applicable), with the Registrar of Business Names and/or Company Registration Office and discharge all debts to them in a timely fashion.
- To keep proper books and records for Tax and VAT purposes, and in the case of companies, discharge all relevant information to the Company Registration Office in a timely fashion. Also – where appropriate- to carry out all duties as an employer according to current legislation, and discharge all relevant documentation to do with your staff in a timely fashion.
- Not to knowingly breach any laws of the land, in particular, the Copyright and Related Acts 2000, and in particular by copying other photographers’ or videographers’ work without obtaining their expressed written permission.
- Not to breach client confidentiality, by disclosing any information in connection with the Client or Assignment to a third party during or following the assignment.
- That a suitable Insurance Policy is taken out in the name of the photographer and the Studio which will indemnify against Public and/or Employers Liability and will assist with Professional Indemnity and against any possible Litigation.